Friday, June 28, 2013

Kelly Sullivan exiting 'General Hospital'

Kelly Sullivan, who portrays Kate Howard (a.k.a. Connie Falconeri) on ABC's General Hospital, has been let go from the soap. Sullivan, who took over the role from Megan Ward in 2011, was actually talented and not that bad of an actress, but head writer of the series, Ron Carlivati, clearly doesn't see that. His ridiculous outlandish plot writing has completely ruined General Hospital. The amount of new characters he has introduced and killed off in the past year isn't even entertaining anymore. Now I know soap operas are supposed to have ridiculous plots from time to time, but reality has to kick in sometime in these storylines.

In a post on her Facebook page, Sullivan thanked her fans for there support. She wrote: "Thank you all so much for your support and loyalty. You are my life long family and I cannot express how much I appreciate each of you. You have really made my experience here on GH a wonderful adventure. I wanted to fill you all in on the details and try to answer some of your questions. I am not returning to GH after August. This is not a contract issue, I have been written off the show. I do not have any information on potential Daytime opportunities. Lastly, I have no ill feelings towards any of the staff or crew connected to the show or the network. I will miss everyone dearly. Love, Kelly". All I can say is that Sullivan and her character won't have to endure terrible writing anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment